Facility Reservation Policies
- Reservations at Recreation Centers are available for sport and wellness-related bookings only. For any other type of booking, please contact the Rutgers Student Centers for spaces in those facilities as well as academic spaces.
- Requests must be submitted promptly for consideration, minimum of 14 business days (additional time needed for larger scale events). Large-scale event requests require a minimum of 30 business days, as they may require coordination with Rutgers Police, Rutgers Facilities, and other contracted vendors.
- Multi-Sport/Main Gym bookings are limited to 2.5 hours per booking/organization, including setup and breakdown.
- Multi-Purpose Room/Studio bookings are limited to 1.5 hours per booking/organization, including setup and breakdown.
- All submitted requests from Rutgers University Student Organizations and Departments must have received pre-approval using The Rutgers Event and Activity Certification System: https://ipo.rutgers.edu/events. EACS approval is not a reservation confirmation. Reservations must be requested using the form above, and are not considered confirmed until you receive a formal confirmation e-mail from the Recreation Reservation Team.
- Rutgers Student Organization Reservation Requests will be processed seven days before each semester/session starts. All requests received before that will be stored and processed on a first-received basis.
- Requests for reservations do not guarantee confirmed bookings. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once the booking is confirmed. Follow-ups can be directed to email@example.com.