MASSAGE THERAPY (Coming soon – To Be Announced)
- Massage therapy can help aid with reducing stress and anxiety while improving immune system function and circulation.
- Our wellness rooms are peacefully designed and include air infused aromatherapy to enhance the session.
- We know that one massage does not fit all. With your input, our therapists will create a personalized massage session that addresses your specific needs.
- Massage appointments will be available at the Werblin Rec Center and Livingston Rec Center beginning 9/21/20. During this time, the C/D Recreation Center will be closed and we will not be able to offer the massage program at this location for the time being.
- Appointments are available in 30 and 60-minute time frames.
- If you have any specific allergies, please indicate before scheduling your appointment to insure that our products do not contain ingredients that can affect you.
MASSAGE THERAPY PROTOCOLS (effective Fall 2020)
We would like to ensure that our clients and our therapists are in a safe environment during the CO-VID19 pandemic. The following protocols will be in place to protect you and provide a safe space.
- Massage will only be given to pre-scheduled appointments. No walk ins will be permitted.
- Clients will be asked screening questions upon arrival at the premises and will be required to submit to a no-contact forehead temperature check prior to the provision of services. Any individual who answers yes to any of the screening questions or has a temperature above 100.4 degrees shall be advised that the appointment cannot take place and will not be permitted to proceed. The client shall be advised that no appointment can be rescheduled for at least 72 hours after being symptom free, without having taken fever-reducing medication or before 14 days after exposure to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 positive individual. The client will be able to re-schedule their appointment or receive a full refund.
- Appointments will be spaced to allow adequate time for cleaning and disinfecting all non-porous surfaces in between appointments and to minimize person-to-person contact and the number on the premises at any given time
- Clients will be required to wear a cloth face covering at all times, except where doing so would inhibit the individual’s health or when lying face down on the massage table.
- All therapists will wear a mask, a face shield, and a disposable gown during your appointment.
- Staff will follow the same safety precautions as clients including screening questions and temperature checks before each shift.
- Rutgers Recreation will provide supplies for regular hand washing with non-antimicrobial soap and water, alcohol based hand rub with at least 60-90% alcohol.
- Sanitizing and disinfectant materials will be available to both staff and clients to use on hands and on all surfaces in the massage room.
- Implement additional infection control measures to assure that all surfaces, stations, tables, rolling carts, chairs, head rests, arm rests, products on stations, and equipment are disinfected between clients.
- Ensure that all sheets, blankets and towels are clean and laundered or disinfected, following the fabric recommendations, between every use, and allowed to set according to recommended contact time for the specific product used.
- Maintain an appointment book with contact information regarding clients served, as well as a daily log of staff, and submit such information if requested to do so by, or on behalf of, the Department of Health or the local board of health.
· Threading is a method of hair removal that has gained much popularity for hair removal and shaping of eyebrows.
· In threading, a thin thread is doubled and then twisted. It is then rolled over areas of unwanted hair, plucking the hair at the follicle level.
· Threading will not be available in our facilities at this time.