The fitness centers located within Werblin, Livingston, Cook/Douglass Recreation Centers, and the freestanding Rutgers Fitness Center are equipped with many pieces of equipment that can be used in adaptive/ inclusive fitness programs.
Each fitness center has:
- Cable CrossOver with attachment points at several different heights and numerous attachments.
- Selectorized weight machines with ample space and low seats for wheelchair transferability.
- Machines include but are not limited to: Leg Press, Leg Extension, Leg Curl, Hip Ab/Aduction, Shoulder Press, Chest Press, Lat Pull-down, Seated Row and assisted dip and chin-up machine.
- Treadmills, Ellipticals, AMTs, and stationary bikes.
- Free weight areas with wide pathways that can be easily navigated.
- Ab and stretching mat areas with medicine ball and exercise tubing
- A combination upper/lower body ergometer cycles are located at the Cook/Douglass Fitness Center.
- Fitness Assistants are available for center orientations and assistance with the equipment.
Please contact Anne Finetto to discuss any adaptive or inclusive needs for fitness centers and fitness programming, including classes and personal training at: firstname.lastname@example.org.