Locker Room/Restroom Rules and Regulations
To help maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment for everyone, it is important to abide by the policies listed below:
- For the privacy of everyone, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone camera, is PROHIBITED in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms.
- According to New Jersey’s nondiscrimination law, students (individuals) may use restrooms and locker rooms according to their gender identities.
- Rutgers Recreation, where possible, will provide separate restrooms so people have access to a bathroom they are most comfortable using.
- Gender Neutral and family changing areas are available at the College Ave Gym and Cook Recreation Centers.
- Public restrooms located throughout the facility are not to be used as changing rooms. Changing must take place in the appropriate locker room area.
- No glass of any kind is permitted in locker rooms.
- All personal items must be locked in a secure locker. Rutgers Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items or items vacated due to unauthorized use.
- Only swimsuits are to be placed in the water extractors in the locker rooms.
Locker Usage Policy
- Lockers are issued for students, faculty and staff free of charge, on a first come first served basis at the Recreation Center Information Desks.
- Locks are available for daily use at no charge from the equipment checkout desk(s).
- Participants may bring personal locks to secure belongings.
- All issued lockers MUST be cleaned out at the end of the academic year for regular maintenance and cleaning.
- All daily lockers must be vacated at the close of each day.
- Any locks remaining on daily lockers at the end of the day are subject to being cut off at the owner’s expense. Items in lockers will be tagged and held for two weeks, however the Rutgers Recreation will not be responsible for items retrieved from lockers where locks have been removed.
- Rutgers Recreation is not responsible for storing items left in lockers for longer than two weeks
- Rutgers Recreation is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property left in lockers.