Personal Training Policy
- Payments are to be made in advance. Any continuing sessions may be purchased at any of the following locations: College Avenue Gymnasium (Room 105) and the Sonny Werblin Recreation Center (Administrative Office).
- Student Rates are only available to FULL-TIME Students.
- Personal Training sessions do not expire. However, due to inherent changes in health/fitness status, clients that have not trained with a Rutgers Trainer within the past 6 months must undergo a reassessment. You may either purchase another Start-Up Package or use the first of your remaining sessions as a reassessment.
- We are not able to issue monetary refunds for remaining sessions more than 6 months after purchase date.
- All first time clients will be asked to complete a full request packet.
- Appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance by contacting your trainer directly.
- A missed appointment or improper notification of a cancellation will result in the appointment being forfeited. You will be charged for the appointment.
- Please be ready to begin each appointment at the scheduled time. Unfortunately, appointments will not be extended for late arrivals.
- Please wear proper workout attire (preferably T-shirt and shorts) to all training sessions including the assessment. It is imperative that sneakers are worn for personal training. We are not able to reschedule a workout session due to improper dress.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, exercise and other strenuous activity the day of your assessment.
- Avoid eating for 3-4hours prior to all assessments. Please remember to hydrate normally.
- Only personal trainers affiliated with Rutgers Recreation are permitted to conduct sessions within our facilities.
- Please keep your receipt as proof of payment of your Start-Up Package.
- Larger training packages are available for purchase once the Start-Up sessions have been completed.
- Tandem and small group training available. Contact the personal training coordinator for more information.
Questions and concerns regarding Personal Training services can be addressed by contacting Nick Occhipinti at 848-932-8110 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for training with us and look forward to working with you.