Personal Training Rules and Guidelines:
• Continuing sessions (1, 5 or 10 sessions) are available to clients upon completion of a start-up package.
• Personal training is non-refundable. Full and/or partial refund requests may be given for medical reasons and will require a doctor’s note. Contact Personal Training Services for any other unusual circumstances.
• Personal Training sessions will expire 1 year from date of purpose. However, due to inherent changes in health/fitness status, clients that have not trained with a Rutgers Trainer within the past 6 months must undergo a reassessment. You may either purchase another Start-Up Package or use the first of your remaining sessions as a reassessment.
• Appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance by contacting your trainer directly. A missed appointment or improper notification of a cancellation will result in the appointment being forfeited. You will be charged for the appointment.
• Clients are to be ready to begin each appointment at the scheduled time. Appointments will not be extended for late arrivals. Clients who arrive late should expect to train for the remainder of their originally scheduled time. You will be charged for the appointment.
• Clients are expected to be properly prepared for all personal training sessions. This includes dressing in proper workout attire and sneakers to all training sessions including the consultation. Clients should be physically prepared for all exercise which includes proper hydration and nutrition. We are not able to reschedule a workout session due to improper preparation.
• Payments are to be made in advance. All packages may be purchased at rec.rutgers.edu or in-person in the main office of the College Avenue Gymnasium (Room 105) or the Sonny Werblin Recreation Center (Administrative Office).
• Only personal trainers affiliated with Rutgers Recreation are permitted to conduct sessions within our facilities
What to expect for your first session:
• Immediately following the purchase of your Start-Up Package, you will receive an emailed receipt with an online form which needs to be completed at your earliest convenience. After this form is submitted you will receive an email from the PT Coordinator within 48 hours with your assigned personal trainer. This will be based on your individual preferences and availability from your online form.
• All first-time clients will be sent a health and exercise history questionnaire to complete and bring to the consultation (1st appointment of the start-up package). Clients who arrive without the form completed will be asked to complete the form as part of the consultation.
• The consultation will include an INBODY assessment and a variety of standard measurements and procedures will be conducted in order to assess your current fitness level. The personal trainer will determine your personalized goals and fitness plan based on these results.
• On occasion, certain medical and/or physical conditions exist that place an individual at risk for exercise. If such conditions are discovered during the screening process a client will be asked to obtain medical clearance from their physician.
• Clients should avoid caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, exercise and other strenuous activity the day of your consultation and/or INBODY assessment. Please hydrate normally and avoid eating for 3-4 hours prior to the consultation.
Questions and concerns regarding Personal Training services can be addressed by contacting Anne Finetto at email@example.com