Rutgers Recreation Proudly Supports The Health & Well-Being of Its Students-
Do What Moves U
To enhance the mind, body, and spirit of students and other eligible individuals by providing programs, services, and facilities to meet the physical, social, recreational, and educational needs of the campus community.
Rutgers Recreation Offers
- 4 large recreation centers (one on each campus), one free standing fitness center and 20 acres of outdoor space, an Olympic size pool with a diving tower, an 80 foot climbing wall, a ropes challenge course, a large picnic pavilion and a roller hockey rink.
- Over 100 fitness & wellness classes each week, personal & small group training and massage therapy.
- Dozens of outdoor trips, swimming and SCUBA lessons, and certification opportunities.
- 57 club sports and a top 50 intramural program played by10,000 students.
- Employment and professional development to over 700 student leaders.
- Exciting yearly events including RU Muddy and the Big Chill, the largest 5k run/walk in New Jersey.
- Family and community programming, including children’s swim lessons, summer camp, and birthday parties.